Buy it. Wear it. Survive. That simple.
New for version 2.0 : All the things you loved about the original Phoenix, but better:
- Upgraded 1680D Cordura for better durability and abrasion resistance
- Upgraded Hypalon zipper pull tabs
- Same Level IIIA protection
- Still under 3.0 lb. in its lightest configuration
With body armor already sewn into it, the Phoenix Armored Backpack is built to stop bullets used in 95% of gun related homicides. This lightweight backpack is suitable for regular use by adults and children alike.
Because the Phoenix’s armor is concealed, no one will know that your backpack doubles as a life-saving device. Available in black, rose/lavender, blue, and gray, your pack ships ready to use.
The Phoenix is something you take with you everywhere. It affords you protection which could save your life. With 7 years in body armor and plate carrier manufacturing designed for heavy duty use, we’ve taken our industry knowledge and applied it towards lightweight and flexible backpack armor development and backpack design. The result is the most reliable and affordable one-piece armored backpack available today, with the AR500 Armor® quality you expect. Each design aspect is engineered with protection, ease of use, and concealability in mind.
You never have to worry about fitting a specific size within your backpack, or your panel shifting out of position. As it leaves our factory, your backpack is immediately ready for use, full featured, with zero encumberments. You might even forget you have body armor with you.
The generously sized primary compartment features a laptop sleeve, compatible with nearly all laptops. The Front pocket is large and includes a key lanyard with hook, and retention pockets for pens and other accessories. The flat front facing pocket is low profile and will easily accommodate a full-sized pistol for concealment. Complete with subdued AR500 Armor® Phoenix Branding.
Built-in Body armor. Seamlessly integrated and fully concealed The Phoenix Armored Backpack is built to stop the bullets used in 95% of gun related homicides at a total weight of under 3lbs all inclusive, in its lightest configuration. Nobody will know your backpack doubles as a lifesaving tool.
The Backpack features durable zippers, padded rear backing for comfort, and padded fully adjustable backpack straps. The Hypalon bottom lining is both high traction, abrasion and water resistant. On each zipper, you’ll find the same high traction Hypalon pull tabs.
The Integrated Body Armor:
Pistol Rated - Build-In Body Armor
Level IIIA integrated soft armor: Rated to defeat 6 rounds of .44 Magnum, and .357 Sig at 1,430 feet per second. We achieve this with great performance in back face deformation (BFD) numbers. BFD is the amount of energy transferred to your body in a measurement on a constant media.
Total Weight with Backpack + 10x12” Armor: Less than 3lbs
Rifle Rated - Build-In Body Armor
Level III+ Lightweight integrated hard armor: Rated to defeat (6) rounds of 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball from 51’ at 2,780 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 5.56 x45 M193, 5.56x45 M855/SS109 (Penetrators) at 3,000 feet per second.
- Special Threat tested to defeat 7.62x39, and 7.62x51 M80 NATO Ball at 2,850 feet per second.
- Level IIIA ballistic armor stop the bullets used in 95% of gun related homicides
- We utilize an Anti-Microbial and Water-resistant rip-stop laminate which is both protective and lightweight.
- Weighs under 3 lbs. in its lightest configuration.
- Armor is sewn in, so it’s discreet.
- 1680D Cordura material
- Hypalon zipper pull tabs
- Padded shoulder straps
- Compartments & pockets
- Large Main Pocket size: 18” x 13” x 9" (with laptop sleeve)
- Medium Front pocket size: 10” x 10”
- Small pocket Size: 6” x 10”
- Armor Options
- Soft armor panel, 10” x 12” or 11” x 15”
- With or without trauma pad
- AR500 Armor Level III+ steel ballistic plate
- 11” x 15”
- Build up coat
- With or without trauma pad
- 10” x 12” soft armor panel, no trauma pad = slightly less than 3 lb.
- 11” x 15” Level III+ steel with buildup coat + trauma pad = 15.6 lb.
The armor carriers a 5-year shelf life, and the model designation of 2019 will help you identify which model you have, and when you should replace your backpack.
The Trauma Pad Option:
Soft body armor is designed to ‘catch’ the bullet, spreading its energy over an increasingly larger portion of the ballistic vest as the projectile tries to pass through. But the vests (and user) still absorb the bullet’s kinetic energy, which can injure the user via bluntforce trauma. Even with a hard armor plate, there will be transmitted impact energy.
AR500 Armor® Trauma Pads are designed to decrease the blunt force energy felt upon impact when worn behind body armor. Our trauma pads feature non-Newtonian layers which instantly harden upon impact, creating a larger rigid surface area decreasing energy transfer and increasing absorption throughout the trauma pad.
When you choose to add a trauma pad, we will hand sew the trauma pad properly in place within The Phoenix Armored Backpack, no work installation is required.
The IFAK (Individual First Aid Kit) Option:
Our IFAKs (Individual First Aid Kits) are specifically designed for gunshot and stab wounds. Each IFAK is complete with the tools necessary to stop severe bleeding wounds, and makes and excellent, affordable, and very capable additional your backpack. They are lightweight, and compact. You’ll have plenty of room left over for other necessities.
- 1x hemostatic agent (QuikClot or Celox depending on availability)
- 1x 4" compress bandage
- 1x pair chest ceals
- 1x H&H Thin H Bandage (Flat Folded)
- 1x H&H PriMed Compressed Gauze
- 1x waterproof medical tape
- 1x pair medical gloves (XLarge)